Sunday, August 15, 2010

Diapers, Day Care, and More!

Since it's been awhile, I'm going to have 3 blogs crammed into one: cloth diapers, first day of day care, and 3 months.

So the first time I heard about cloth diapering (other than being a thing of the past) was last fall when talking to Cami (Zac's cousin's wife). When I first heard about it, I thought that's nuts! Who on earth would want to go back to the dark diaper ages when we've got nice disposables. Well, after talking more to Cami and Jenny Goss I've finally decided I can do this. It took me several months to get mentally ready. But I can say that Zac and I've been doing them for the past 3 weeks, and we love it! Who would have thought! Below is a picture of the diaper cover and an insert that fits into it. We have a few different types of diapers, but the Thirsties brand is definitely my favorite and I like the flip inserts best.
It's exciting to think about how much money we are saving especially since I'm hooked on pampers! For now we are going to continue using disposables at day care, but I plan to ask them about the possiblity in a couple months. I want to get on their good side first. ;)
I also love how cute he looks in these diapers!

Thankfully Aunt Stephanie came to stay last week when I went back to work on Monday. It helped ease me into leaving my baby. I hadn't been away from him for more than 4 hours yet, so it was nice to have him home with her those first two days . Wednesday he went to day care for half the day, and then Stephanie brought him up to see me for lunch. Thursday he started day care full time, and boy was this momma a mess! I cried on both Wednesday and Thursday, and by Friday I did better...I just got teary instead of cry for 20 minutes!

Here is us packing before his first day.

Here he is on his first day. He is actually doing really good at day care. The care taker pictured below seems to be smitten with him. She is always talking to him in baby talk. They said he just loves to look around and rarely fusses. I know it will be fine, and it's only for one year.

Our freezer was getting over taken with breast milk so Zac and I bought a small chest deep freeze over the weekend which i'm pumped about!It's hard to believe our little baby is already 3 months old!
This past month he has learned to do a lot. He has started cooing a lot, has great neck control, loves to stand up, grabs his knees, rolls to his sides, he reaches for his toys, pulls on my hair and shirt, likes to look at himself in the mirror, sleeps till 7am, and squeals when he gets excited (but hasn't actually laughed yet). Friday he pulled himself up when holding our hands for the first time, but technically that was after his 3 month birthday. He still doesn't push himself up when he's doing tummy time. His legs are much stronger than his arms. He's a wiggle worm and rarely stays still which has been the case ever since he's been in the womb. The pediatrician always comments on how wiggly he is. He's gonna be a busy body like his mom and dad! :)
We just love him go pieces!

2 comments:

  1. Love the last picture! He's getting so big. Excited to see him this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaay for the deep freeze! Glad to hear the dropping off at daycare experience is getting better! And look! No spit up on the OU shirt! He might be a little fan just yet!

    ReplyDelete