Sunday, June 8, 2014

My baby is 4!?!

Man has my life changed in the past 4 years!  Zac and I wonder what in the world we did all evening and weekend before kids.  Those first five years of traveling and doing whatever we wanted to do as a couple were awesome, but I am so thankful that our world was rocked by this little guy!

 I didn't realize how much I could love someone until I had this guy. 

We did a joint party with his bestie from church.  They decided on Ninjas.  Mason wanted his ninja to be pink so I went along with it.  It will be fun to tease him about that later. 

We did a simple walk-in party at Chuckie Cheese on Monday - their actual birthday.  Thankfully there was hardly anyone else there, and the boys seemed to have a blast.  Can't go wrong with presents, cake, and games.  I haven't got the pics from AJ yet, but here are a couple Zac took on his phone.
Paxton snuck 2 candles in on the corner.  So Zac went ahead and lit them up for him too.


Mason's big thing is still bad guys.  He loves to be the bad guy and play with swords, nerf guns, etc.  I was talking with one of my good college friends at church in OKC last weekend, and I looked over to see Mason and her almost 4 yr old were wrestling and playing "bad guys".  Mason has only seen him once -2 years ago- but apparently they hit it off!  First time Mason has found someone as into bad guys as he is.  The funny thing is Paxton felt he had to come to Mason's rescue so he lunged and tackled W also.  Boys! 

Other tidbits about Mason...He is still an early riser and is awake around 6:30 every morning.  He gives the best kisses on the cheek.  He will sometimes whisper to me, " I have a secret to tell you.  I love you."  When I ask for a good morning hug, he says "Sure!"  Now if I were to ask that after he wakes up from his nap it would be a much different response.  He likes to sleep with his bunny along with the blue blankie every night.  He got the bunny when we was a baby, but he didn't really attach to it until about 8 months ago. 
His favorite color is pink.  Mason told Zac "I want my next bike to be pink."  Z "no"  M "how about pink and white?"  Z "no."  M "how about white with pink stripes?"  Z "still no."  I said maybe we could put one pink sticker on it.  Speaking of bikes Mason learned to ride  his bike with no training wheels last week.  I was shocked that after 3 days he was able to ride like a champ.  He is so excited about it!
He is a precious sweet boy, but is also pretty ornery, likes to push the limits, and argue!  His big thing right now is to tell Paxton to do naughty things in hopes that Paxton will get in trouble instead of him.  He likes to dig in the dirt, throw rocks, build things, explore, and just be busy being a boy. 

Love this sweet, silly 4 year old that is growing to fast!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment