Friday, January 30, 2015

Little Loves

It is way past time to do a blog on my favorite little people!  We have been consumed with the reno that this year has gone by sooo fast.  I don't even like to think that Mason will be going to kindergarten in 8 months!  I really have enjoyed seeing them grow this past year.  They bring such joy and laughter to our family.  We still have lots to do around the house, but we have slowed down and taken more time to enjoy each other the past few months. 
The past year the boys have become great buddies.  A couple weeks ago Paxton almost started crying telling me to stop when I was getting on to Mason about something.  Their brotherly love is pretty cute.  Although it doesn't take long for them to start pestering, arguing, and fighting like crazy  There have been many days I thought I was going to lose my mind.  I've been trying to take advantage of spending quality time with the boys separately.  I really enjoy hanging out with Paxton 2 mornings a week while Mason is gone to preschool.   Paxton has turned into a little boy all of the sudden that talks like crazy and makes me laugh.  Mason has stopped napping since summer so I've made an effort to spend part of it doing something with Mason.  He loves to help me with cooking, projects around the house, or play games.  He often seems so much older than 4, and we have become pretty good friends.  He has never been a real touchy feely little guy, but the past month or two he has been extra generous with his hugs, kisses, and "I love you's" which of course I love!  When he gets mad at me his threat is that he won't give me any hugs and kisses tomorrow or that he won't be my best friend anymore.  Thankfully it doesn't take long for him to get over it.  I thought I would just share several pictures that I pulled from my phone from the past 6 months or so - many of them from our old house.

The boys were so excited our first watermelon
                                           

This guy loves cars and trains just like his brother did

 
Paxton loves babies and animals.  He will always go up to both give them lovin.  This boy is ready for his sister to get here!


Aunt Kayla's cute fluffy bunny!

Poor dog walked around with a bandaid on his head all day before I got around to taking it off.  I'm guessing it was Paxton's doing.
 



These boys LOVE to dress up!  We've collected costumes from garage sales, consignment sales, and Halloween. 



 
When my parents were here we all went to the boys' first baseball game.



Lake Hefner in OKC


Getting ready for their big debut in Stephanie's wedding
Crazy boys' first day of school pic.  This is Paxton's first time to go (it's just one day), and he LOVES it!  Everyday he runs out of his class and proudly shows me what he made that day. 

These boys have really enjoyed helping out with the reno as well. 





 

Paxton has always loved to take toys with him to bed.  The toys in there are always changing, but rarely will there not be something in bed with him.  He still takes a paci at night.  I feel like that's better than his fingers - which he is still sucking.  The way he sucks his fingers puts so much pressure on his front teeth so I figured I'd rather him do the paci at night to hopefully keep them from moving at night.  He's a big time sucker...it's going to be a tough habit for him to break. 

 
When I finally coax him into taking his fingers out of his mouth he will still keep his hand by his mouth...I guess he's still pretending he's sucking
One of the reasons we bought this place was because the city of Rogers bought up 40 acres that is right next to our land to build trails to lake Atalanta (which is a big park), a new bmx park, and downtown Rogers.  We have been so busy with the house we haven't explored the trails until recently.  They are awesome! 

The boys are standing on a dirt bike trail and in the back is a gate where our property is on the other side...so close!  I have a feeling we will be spending a lot of time on the trails once it warms up.  The house isn't visible from the property line so hopefully we don't have to worry about peeping Toms.
 
We love the fire out these boys, and they bring us such joy!  But we still love and miss our little girl.  I *hope* to do a blog about her soon.  I haven't done a public adoption update in awhile.  We are still waiting for our little gal and for the DRC President to start letting the adopted children leave.  I am planning another trip to visit her with my sister in about 5-6 weeks.  Can't wait to see her sweet face again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment