Sunday, April 11, 2010

Beauty of pregnancy...

I beg to differ! I have decided there is nothing glamorous about being pregnant! I don't know how newly weds or people who haven't gotten married adjust to life with a pregnant lady. Luckily Zac has had several great years with me to not get too grossed out or frustrated by this person that has taken over my body! ;) Besides the getting fat and 5 months of nausea, I've been gassier, more snotty & congested, secreting bodily fluids - I even wet my pants at Walmart when surprised by the monster of all sneezes - , more tired, cranky, and demanding, and apparently I've just started snoring this past week...probably due to the fact that I can't breathe well with Mason squishing my lungs and the congestion. While I feel anything but glamorous, these past couple months have been pretty good especially compared to the first 5 months. I still haven't had much trouble with heartburn, my backache is manageable, I've been able to sleep pretty well, and I've really enjoyed feeling Mason moving all the time.
This past week was insanely busy so I don't really have any pictures to post. Monday I had a 1.5 hour meeting after work, Tuesday we did the dreaded trip to Walmart, Wednesday was church, Thursday we had 2.5 hrs of our breastfeeding class, Friday we had 3.5 hours of birthing classes, and Saturday we had more birthing classes from 8am till 6 pm. Needless to say I'm still exhausted even though I've had 9 hours of sleep the past 2 nights. We were kind of dreading the 15 hours of classes squeezed into 3 days, but we really enjoyed it. We definitely left feeling a lot more confident about labor and life with a newborn. One of my favorite parts were when we practiced the relaxation and birthing positions where Zac rubbed and pushed on my back as well as massaged my hands and feet! He was definitely the best coach there! :)

I'll leave you with a picture of me with my furry baby. Until Mason comes Sammy is getting more than he'd care to of my cuddling and kissing!

No comments:

Post a Comment