Mason is officially addicted to his paci. We would give him his paci right when we laid him in bed, and he would fall asleep on his own. It was great! It would normally fall out once he was asleep, but it was no big deal. Until he got sick.... When he was sick a couple of weeks ago he would wake up in the middle of the night. So being sleep deprived we gave him his paci, and he would go back to sleep (it's like a sleeping drug to him). The only problem is now he is in the habit of waking up in the middle of the night and wanting his paci put back in his mouth. We decided we would break him of this habit this week while I'm not working. So last night at 1:30 he woke up and started stirring and making light fussy sounds. This contiued for about 20 mins, and I thought this isn't so bad it sounds like he's about to fall back asleep. Then he straight up screaming started. I'm sure this is hard for every parent to hear, and especially for us because he rarely cries like this. I go in, get him out of the corner of his bed, shush him, and leave. Of course all he wanted was his paci so he continued to scream for 15 minutes...until we gave him his paci. Yes, we caved but there is always hope for tomorrow! On a positive note he was so worn out from crying he didn't wake up again until 6...so that's progress.

In my last post I mentioned that Mason has been moving around a lot...mostly crawling/scooting backwards. Here is a picture of him. He started at the front of the blanket where the toys are then when I came back in the room about a minute or two later he was under the tree. It won't be long till he's really on the move.
We noticed the past week that he will twirl his hands and feet when he's happy and especially when he's eating. It's so cute! Here is a short video showing it.
Haha I love how he twirls his hands and feet!! That is the cutest thing ever!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet video! Such a cutie!
ReplyDelete