Sunday, December 5, 2010

Susie homemaker

While I'm far from being a true "homemaker"...whatever that really is I don't know...I'm so excited about all the stuff I've made recently. Mason has been sick the last several days (upper respiratory infection) so I've used the time quarantined to get some things done around the house. I have been talking to my mom and some people from work about making my own detergent. I was shocked at how easy and cheap it is to make. The items I used cost less than $10 to make, and it makes so much that i won't have to buy anything for months. I hate to admit how excited I was to make this...I've never been more pumped to do a load of laundry knowing how little it cost.
Here is the finished product...below is a big bowl of detergent (you use about 1-2 tbs per load) and I only used half the grated zote. It's great because I can even use it on cloth diapers since it is residue free.

Last week we started Mason on his first food other than cereal - sweet potatoes - and he loved them! Saturday I made some butternut squash, green beans, and apple sauce. I hope to make peas and carrots later this week also.

A couple weeks ago he started getting on his hands and knees, rocking back and forth, and then "crawling"/scooting backwards. It's funny because if there is something out of his reach he'll get up on his knees, rock, and then scoot back. He will then look and reach for the item again only to find it farther away. He just can't quite figure out how to go forward.

He loves this pop-up book, and tries to grab all the pictures that pop! It is by far his favorite book right now.
Mason with his cousins over thanksgiving.

My dad is building a huge fort for all the grandkids so he put the guys and kayla to work on it. I cant tell who's going to be more excited when it's finished...the adults or the kids!

1 comment:

  1. When you come back over here, I need to get those thanksgiving pics from your camera!

    I've always wanted to try making detergent. Is all that stuff found at Walmart?

    ReplyDelete