Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mohawk Man

Here is Mason at 6 months. We just love our sweet, smiley kiddo and have had so much fun with him this past month! He is always cracking us up. I thought I'd share some interesting things we've noticed this past month. He will open his mouth really wide immediately when I put the snot sucker in his nose. He will rub his eyes when he's tired...I don't know when he started it, but I've really noticed it the last few weeks. He squints his eyes and shudders when he tries something he doesn't like or anything new for that matter. He will grab and bring the bottle towards his mouth if he's really hungry. He's not a good napper at day care or church. If a lot of things are going on around him he just won't fall asleep because he's too busy watching everyone. He loves the thrill of rolling over from his back to his front, but he's not good at rolling from his tummy to his back. Once he starts fussing when he's sick of being on his stomach, I'll turn him on his back only to have him immediately roll over on his tummy again. It's an endless cycle, and not a fun one at 5 in the morning. His hair in the middle of his head continues to grow so we had to run with it and give him a green mohawk for Halloween.
Other things about this month...he loves his giraffe chew toy and jumperoo. He is getting better about putting the paci back in his mouth after taking it out. He's noticing more and more details in books, on us (jewelry, glasses, hair), Sammy, etc. He is getting really good at sitting up especially in the last week which was perfect timing since we had his pictures taken yesterday. As long as his attention is forward he can stay up for a long time which was perfect timing, but if he tries to lean or grab for something on the side he will usually fall over. We started cereal right before he turned 6 months as I mentioned in the last post, and he's doing even better with it now. We have gone through 2 rounds of antibiotics this month to get rid of an ear infection. He's such a laid back kid the only reason we found out he had one is because he had a fever and was congested.

2 comments:

  1. He is adorable Mandy!! Hope I get to see him sometime during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mason is so cute! I hope we get to see you guys around Christmas time if you're here. The mohawk picture is awesome!

    ReplyDelete