

I decided that it was way past time to mention some of the quirky things Mason is up to these days. When Mason was 18 months (he just turned 20 months) I was shocked when he pointed to the letter A on my shirt and said "A". I don't know how exactly he learned that because it's not something I had been working with him on (I had been focusing on colors). But since he seemed so interested in his numbers and letters I decided to go ahead and start. By the end of 18 months he could identify the numbers 0-6 numbers and say 2, 3, 5 as well as say the letters A,B,C,O,S, and I (actually he calls "S" five but I can see how that's confusing). I was blown away because at this point the only animal noises he would make was dog, cow, and elephant (he now does cat, sheep, and lion also). Apparently he doesn't care too much about what the animals say. Now he knows all his numbers to 9 (he still struggles actually saying 6 and 7) as well as many other letters.
Some other interesting things about Mason: He LOVES puzzles; he sticks his tongue out (like my dad) when he is concentrating on something; he loves to wrestle, do "Ring Around the Rosie", and wear hats-especially his yellow
lego one; he is very opinionated about the books, movies, puzzles, etc that he wants; he says "no,
uhu, no" while shaking his head if he doesn't want to do something; he is in the "mine" phase.



Another thing I've been surprised about is his interest in praying. Normally we would just pray before dinner and occasionally lunch as a family, but now we are praying before every meal because if we don't Mason will tell us to. He wont even pray until we are all sitting at the table (unless one of us isn't home). Yesterday I was cooking dinner and while he was standing in the kitchen waiting for me to be done he clasped his hands, bowed his head, mumbled a few words, and then said Amen. He didn't know I was watching but boy did my heart beam for joy! (that was the first he prayed on his own...I guess he was hoping it would make dinner get ready faster) I hope he continues to grow into a spiritual young man!
I have had so much fun with him the past month or two! He is learning new words and doing new things everyday. I am so thankful for my little man! Here is a short video of him saying one of his new words "whoa".
I'm pretty sure he learned it from the babysitter.
No comments:
Post a Comment