Mason had several opportunities to see Santa this year. First we went to our library (Rogers) to see their Santa and Mrs. Claus. They were so cute, and all the kids were given a super soft Build-A-Bear Reindeer. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures because as soon as we walked closer towards them Mason had a death grip on me and was screaming at the top of his lungs. We got near them for a minute, but I didn't make him sit on his lap this time. Even though he didn't want anywhere near Santa he talked about him the entire drive home (Santa, Santa, ho-ho-ho, etc).
The next day we took Mason to the Fayetteville mall to eat lunch with Zac and try out their Santa. I thought maybe we'd have better results this time since we had just seen him the day before. Here's a video of part of this encounter.
We actually got him to stop crying for a bit, but as soon as we went to put him on Santa's lap he started screaming again.


Five days later Mason had a Christmas party at his Mother's Day Out. I didn't realize it at the time, but it turns out that Santa was there and they had all the kids' pictures taken with him and mailed to us. Here's ours...
I kinda felt bad for our little guy because I really didn't know there would be a Santa at his school. I'd only planned on making him sit on his lap once since it's obviously traumatic for the guy. However when I opened up the card and saw the picture I couldn't help but bust out laughing. He really does love looking at Santa from afar or in pictures, but not up close in personal.
Poor Mason! That's one of those things that is so sad and yet so funny at the same time!
ReplyDeleteHahaha poor Mason, he will be forever traumatized by Santa. :)
ReplyDeleteCameron and I are CRYING from laughing so hard. Sooo funny... But poor poor Mason!
ReplyDelete