Monday, April 9, 2012

My not so little man

Things have been so crazy the past month with all the projects I am in the middle of, but I will try to blog about those a little later. I am hoping to get them all wrapped up by the time our little Paxton arrives which is in about 5 more weeks!

But this blog is about my little Mason and what we've been up to lately. I can't believe is going to be 2 next month! As I mentioned in a previous blog he has been very interested in numbers and letters for quite awhile. I finally got a video of him saying all his letters.


For the past month Mason has been consistently falling asleep/sleeping in his twin bed. He is all over the bed -which is why he still doesn't sleep under the covers-but at least he is sleeping in the bed and not the floor. I think he likes to look at books before he falls asleep because we often find books in his bed. The other day I found 11!

Since Mason went to daycare his first year of life, I wanted him to continue getting the social & educational stimulation that he was used to. So he has been gong to mothers day out one day a week, and he loves it. I got a picture and video of him during their chapel time (he's on the front row in the dark blue shirt)...I love the big ark that they sit in!
Mason has always loved doing puzzles, but a few weeks ago he started stacking them neatly when he was taking them out. He is definitely particular about some things. When we play with Lego's he doesn't let us just put them anywhere. He wants each of them to go in a certain place.
He will often give us the evil eye when he doesn't want to do something...I don't know where he got that from! :)
His new face from the past few weeks is the excited "whoa" face. It cracks me up every time. He does it every morning when I turn on the magic bullet to make my daily frappaccino. He also does it when he hears the train or anything else that stands out to him.
Of course we get together for play dates several times a month with our friends from church. I probably look forward to these get togethers even more than Mason. For St. Patricks day we had lunch, played, and decorated cupcakes with several moms and their kiddos.
It's been so nice that we've gone to several parks. Mason LOVES feeding the ducks! We have to drag him out of there when it's time to leave.
Zac took Mason on his first bike ride, and he didn't want to stop.
He kept saying/signing "again". Zac rode around the block MANY times that night!
I'm excited because we found a wooden swing set on craigslist for Mason. Since he loves to be outside I thought it would be great to have one in case we have difficulties getting out right after Paxton is born. At first he was LOVING the slide. He would go on it by himself over and over again. Then about a week ago he kind rolled off it towards the end, and since he's been too scared to go by himself. So we are going to work on building that confidence again.
We have had so much fun the past couple of months. I'm so amazed at how much he is talking these days. He still doesn't talk a ton to other people, but at home he is talking all the time. He is such a fun, sweet little guy, and I'm so thankful that I get to stay home with him now. I've been smothering him with more hugs and kisses than normal because I'm realizing it won't be long till my attention will be a little more divided with the arrival of Paxton.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh the video of him saying his ABCs was the cutest thing ever!! He is so smart! I loved how he said W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mason is so stinking smart! I am in awe!!!!

    ReplyDelete