While Mason's birthday is actually the 12th we decided to have his party a week early to avoid Paxton's possible arrival. Since Paxton is due around Mason's birthday we aren't going to have a family party. We felt bad asking family to drive up twice within the same week or two, and I knew after the baby was born I wouldn't feel up to putting one together. So this year we just did a small party on Friday afternoon with several of the stay at home moms from church and their kiddos. They are the kids Mason spends the most time with. It turned out to be a great day! There was only a few moms and their kids that weren't able to make it so I was happy that we had such a good turn out. Zac took a long lunch that day, and I'm so glad he did because I couldn't have done the party without him. We started with lunch and cake, and then the kids got to play on this blowup pool/slide that we borrowed.
These cupcakes were a lot more work than I expected, but they did turn out cute.
Somehow we didn't get a good picture (only video) of Mason with his cupcake.
Mason did the slide a couple times, but he was pretty scared. He had a ball just playing in the pool part.
The girls thought the slide was too crazy for them so the played at the water table instead.
I am so thankful for our dear friends at church. We all had a great day celebrating my sweet fella's birthday! Mason and I partied so hard we crashed after everyone left. I definitely overdid it, but it was worth it.
My projects are done (for the most part), Mason's party is done, I've cleaned and recovered from the party....now we are ready for Paxton to get here!
No comments:
Post a Comment