A few random things about Mason from the past couple months: he started picking his nose - at first it was to get a rise out of us but now it is to actually pick boogers and then tries to bring them to us....gross! At least he doesn't eat them. He refers to himself as Nae-nae and Paxton as Packman (although he usually just calls him baby). He can sing several songs (twinkle twinkle, ABCs, peekaboo, Jesus loves me, this is the day...to name a few). He can count to 10 in spanish....he usually counts in spanish instead of english. On a side note we are starting him in a spanish spoken preschool one day a week this fall since he seems to pick it up so easily. He loves to play with cars and trains. Although think he spends more time lining them up and then organizing them into piles...he's a quirky little guy. We've had to have the "obey" talk with him which he initially took very well, but now he will often say "no obey mommy" or "no obey daddy" followed by "obey grandma A" (grandma Alice - my grandma) or "obey Sammy". Basically saying he would obey grandma Alice or the dog but not us. He hates to get his diaper changed. When we pull his legs up he will say "no, this my legs". We will probably give potty training another try in August, but he still doesn't seem to interested right now.
.
Thankfully Paxton's delivery was so much less eventful than Mason's! I was in labor half the time, only had to push for 10 minutes, there were no health issues with Paxton, and we were able to leave about 28 hours after he was born. The only problem was my blood pressure dropped quite a bit after I first delivered him and I was a little anemic, but at least I didn't pass out like last time. Paxton thankfully has been a great nurser so we didn't have to worry about his weight at all. He is such a good baby...I think he is going to be laid back like his brother. He likes to cuddle and swaddle more than Mason, but really he will just go with whatever. He sleeps pretty good for a newborn. The past couple weeks he will eat around 10pm and then 2am and then again around 5 or 6. He has gone till 3am a few times, but not consistently. He is smiling and cooing at us which just melts my heart! Mason is ready to be able to play with him. We used to have to watch him really closely - he used to try to sit or lay on him and he yanked him out of the bouncer onto the tile once - but he is getting a lot more gentle and careful with him. The first 3 pictures are a few of Paxton's newborn pics one of our friends took.
Here are a few other pictures.Mason is lining up shelves from the refrigerator. He's got a weird fascination with lining things up.
I've started trying to do more school type activities with him like painting, writing, sorting, etc. He just loves to learn
I didn't mess with cloth diapers after Paxton was born, but I started them both back 2 weeks ago. I've learned so much more about cloth diapering since I started with Mason so I really don't mind doing it. We did get a retractable cloths line though because we we have so many now to try and hang dry around the house. I just love all their bright colors! I need to take a picture of Paxton looking all cute in his diapers...maybe next time. It's good to know that I'm saving a lot of money and helping the environment.
We are a happy family of four now and so thankful for our 2 wonderful, healthy boys!



Is line drying them better, Maddie was using them, but then she started breaking out so bad....so I've stopped for now.
ReplyDelete