Thursday, September 27, 2012

We are exhausted!

So I'm starting this post at 6:30 this morning...the whole house has been up since 5:30 (which is better than the last two mornings which were 5:00), and I've decided that's it's time for a blog update. I've had trouble falling asleep the last few nights and one of the things that has been going through my mind is writing a blog. So here I am trying to get things done that I'm lying awake thinking about. Between me not falling asleep till about 1 and Paxton waking up at 2 and 5 with Mason waking up shortly after, I'm exhausted. I told Zac this morning we have to come up with a plan because this is not going to be the new normal! 
We had an amazing time on our vacation, but we have learned that traveling with your kids isn't anything like traveling without them.  It's fun, but definitely not relaxing and romantic!  We will probably try to do this trip regularly because my grandpa has moved down to Foley (12 miles from the Gulf Shores beach) making it very affordable.  We started by spending 4 nights at a condo actually on the beach with another couple from church.  Then we stayed 3 nights at my grandpa's.  All we did was just hang out at the beach everyday except for one outing to this train museum/exhibit in Foley. The boys did great traveling!  It helped that we had bought a minivan and 2 headrest DVD players for the boys to watch.  Plus we left around noon and got there around 1 am to maximize the time they would be sleeping in the car without having to drive all night.  Here are some pictures.   I'll post more on facebook.







 
 
 


As I mentioned earlier Paxton hasn't been doing good about sleeping through the night.  Mason was sleeping through the night at 3 months.  A month or two ago Paxton was doing pretty good about waking up around 4 am and then going back to sleep till about 7 (Mason was getting up around 6:45-7 also).  But I think his body is so sick of being dragged all over the place that his sleeping has been getting worse instead of better. 

I started looking at the calendar and I saw that we have only been home with just us  5 weekends out of the past 20 (I didn't include weekends that family was visiting)!!  That is insane no wonder we are all out of sync!  Here's a quick synopsis of our summer for those that care.  :)

So we had Paxton May 7th and most of May we had family coming and going...which was great!  Memorial day weekend we went to my parents house to a lot of family could see Paxton.  Then in June we found out Patty (Zac's mom) had breast cancer so we went there 2 weekends to be with her.  July we were gone 2 weekends, Zac was at training for 2 weeks (I was at my moms for part of that time), and we had family in town for 1 other weekend.  August 7 Zac found out he was going to OKC to do storm duty/relief for 20 straight days starting August 10.  (Thankfully it was there instead of some place on the coast, and he won't have to do it again for a year or two).  Of those 3 weeks I ended up spending 10 days in OKC partly to be see how Avery did with her surgeries.  We had already planned to start remodeling the kitchen over Labor day weekend, and most normal people would probably say let's do it another time after having been gone so much.  But we're crazy...we went ahead and started on the renovation and worked on it from the time Zac got back till we left for vacation Sept 14th.  Oh and the weekend before our vacation I was back in OKC for our annual college girls get together.  So much for taking it easy with a newborn around!  :) 

Needless to say we don't plan on going anywhere for a long time!  The first priority is to get these boys back on somewhat of a schedule! 



No comments:

Post a Comment