Paxton has started doing so many more new things the past month. He started sitting up, but he still needs some help or he will fall over after a minute or two. We also started him on solid foods, and he LOVES it! He will hammer just about anything we give him. He's eaten 2 different cereals, 4 veggies, and 4 fruits. The only thing he hasn't liked is mashed avocado, but that was one of the first things we gave him. So I will need to try it again now that he has tried more of a variety of food. The thing that cracks me up is how he sticks his tongue out when he takes a bite of his food. He also does it when he's lunging in for his breast milk.
He has also started moving around. He's been able to roll around for a couple months, but now he can army crawl forward. I really have to watch the floor now that he can get around more. Mason doesn't exactly love having little brother be able to get into his toys..especially his cars, legos, and trains. The "mommy, he's got my ______!" has already started.
Paxton has never really taken a paci. He will chew on one, but that's about it. He would occasionally chew on his thumb also, but the past week he started sucking on his 2 fingers turned upside down. I don't see how it is comfortable, but he's started doing it more regularly. It's pretty cute, but I'm not sure what I think about this new little developing habit.
Mason has been testing us a little more the past several months, but he is still such a sweet boy! He was in timeout for not obeying, and when he came out we saw that he had made a blue-green pattern with the magnetic letters. I was shocked! We've talked about patterns a little bit at home and school, but I've never seen him do it on his own.
Mason started going to a spanish immersion preschool one day a week this. Last year he went to a mother's day out/ preschool one day a week last year and loved it! Between school and home last year he learned all his letters, 14 shapes, colors, and numbers 1 to 10 in english and spanish (now he can count to 14 in spanish and 20 in english). So I thought it would be good for him to be challenged with something new this school year. I decided to go this route because it will be so good for him in the future to have exposure to another language while his mind is soaking up anything and everything. Plus we are hoping to adopt a child from a spanish speaking country so I'd like all the kids to know some spanish. He's never cried when I've dropped him off, but he's still unsure about the new school. He doesn't like change much. Hopefully next semester he will start to feel more comfortable. His teacher says he doesn't participate much right now, but she can tell he's picking up more of what she is saying (she talks in spanish the whole time). Plus we'll use it at home with him some, and I can tell his spanish vocab is really growing.
We've been working with him on potty training again the past week or two. He's doing really good about peeing in the potty. We didn't jump all the way in since we were going to go to my parents for thanksgiving, and he's staying there for a few days by himself afterwards. But we will probably really dive in soon after he gets home.
No comments:
Post a Comment