I love spring! We are outdoorsy people so I'm always anxious for it to start warming up. I started working in the gardens a couple weeks ago. In the fall Zac built row covers to extend our growing season once it got cold. I planned to also grow more cool weather crops like Kale and swiss chard throught winter but never got around to it. If anything it kept many of my herbs alive - I took them out of the pots and planted them in the ground once it got to freezing temps. I had lots of helpers getting the beds ready again. :)
| adding compost to the beds |
The covers are off now and most of our veggies are planted, but I'll have to post that pic another day. There is nothing better than home grown veggies! This year planted two thorn less blackberry bushes in one of our flower beds so I'm looking forward to growing fruit this year too. Here are some more pictures of the boys playing outside.
| Yes, Mason is peeing on the tree. His daddy taught him that! :) |
Mom knows this 90 year old man, Rollie, who has been raising bees since he was a kid with his dad. He is also helping my mom to get her hive going. We stopped by to visit, and I had a great time visiting him and his daughter. He took Mason for a ride and showed him his bee hive. I forgot to take a picture of him with the bees! We left with a large jar of raw honey...yum! I'd love to go back there again sometime.
No comments:
Post a Comment