Thursday, October 17, 2013

Life with boys

So I have to share a funny story from this morning.  Today both boys have their kids day out.  So I let the boys go out to the garage while I am carrying little C (I'm babysitting a sweet 8 month old girl for a friend this week - she's napping right now).  I hit the garage door button and open the van doors.  While I'm loading C into the car, I hear "Mom, MOM!!  Help me!!!"  I look out the car and Mason is dangling from the edge of the garage door that now rests up at the ceiling!  I had several emotions in the 5-10 seconds it took me to get to him.  Panic, laughter, wish I could take a picture of this, what on earth were you thinking!  It took everything I had not to fall over laughing after I got him down...it was a miracle I only let a few giggles escape.  I could tell he was pretty traumatized because he said, "I ok, mommy, I ok" literally 10 times after I got him down.  I know he was saying it more to calm himself down.  Then we had to get a Dora and Boots band aid for his finger because the thin metal edge he was gripping on for dear life had dug into his fingers.  I guess he decided to grab it when it was moving up and then before he knew it he was dangling.  Oh I wish I had a picture of it!  I'm pretty sure he is going to talk about it all day because that was the first thing he told his teacher when we got to school.  These boys run me ragged with their energy, curiosity, and sense of adventure.  There are some days that I wish they would be more still and calm - like yesterday at the library when we had to leave story time early - but then I remind myself that while they can drive me crazy sometimes they bring such joy and laughter to the family!
On a side note the boys are doing really well with having little C around.  The first thing Mason said when he saw her, "Is she my sister?!"  He is so ready to get his sister here!  Both boys enjoy loving and kissing on her.  It is so sweet!  Mason is enthralled with the different bows she wears everyday - looks like I'm going to need to go bow shopping.  Paxton wasn't sure about me holding her a lot at the beginning, but he's doing better now.  I just have to go back and forth holding them or sit down and hold both of them.  He's not quite ready to give up the baby status, and I'm not quite ready either.  Anyway, I know that Mason is going to be so sad not having C around next week.  She leaves every afternoon when he's sleeping, and he is always disappointed to wake up and see she is gone.  Love these boys, and I can't wait till our little girl gets here!

No comments:

Post a Comment