A few other things Lorena told me at his conference yesterday:
*He pays attention to detail. He makes sure everything gets put back in it's proper place. She was surprised when he went and put her pen that was on the table inside her binder since that is where she normally keeps it.
*His favorite school activity is puzzles and/or tangrams.
*He wouldn't usually sing along with their songs, but she noticed that he would always stare at the guitar. So one day she asked him to sit on her lap and "play" the guitar with her, and then he sang right along with her! Which now explains why he will get his guitar and say that he is going to play and sing like Mrs. Lorena.
*He loves to learn. He pays close attention to what they are doing, and will even ask her questions about how to say a particular word in Spanish.
*He is well behaved and obeys, but often she has to explain why he has to do something (ex clean up so we can do ___) before he will do it.
*I took a picture of the maze he did at school yesterday. I've never done a maze with him before, and this was his first one at school. Lorena made him do it a couple times to see if he really did it or if it was just chance that he didn't mess up. Apparently he knows how to do them. Thinking back there is a preschool website I let him get on sometimes, and I think it might have a maze on there.
Thursdays both Mason and Paxton go to Kids Day Out at the Rogers Cross Church. They both love it! I was so thrilled that Mason's best friend, Titus, is also in his class. He is always excited to go to "Titus' school" as he calls it. I think Paxton cried briefly the first time or two I dropped him off. The 3rd time he clung to me, but didn't cry. Now the past 2 or 3 times he lunges into his teachers arms without hesitation or a glance back at me. My boys are not home bodies - I'm afraid I may be partly to blame for that. Here are some pictures from their first day of school.
Paxton loves to wear his backpack. He will often fuss when I make him take it off. I guess it makes him feel like a big kid. Masons tells me his favorite thing about the school is the rope. They apparently have all the kids hold on to this long rope when they walk to different parts of the building so they stay together. Why he thinks that is so cool I don't know. Two weeks ago they had a fire truck there for the kids to climb in. When I asked him his favorite thing of the day I thought surely he would say that. Nope it was again the rope. Who does this weird kid belong to? ;o)
The boys are the only ones enjoying their Thursday mornings! I don't usually do anything super exciting - mostly run errands or clean since it is nearly impossible to do it when they are around. I remember seeing this family circus cartoon in the newspaper when I was in high school where the mom was cleaning up the house and behind her was the kids making a huge mess after she had cleaned. It's funny that stuck with me as a teen, but that's definitely how I feel most days I try to clean with my two toddlers around.
No comments:
Post a Comment