First of all, here are a couple new pictures of our sweet little girl in Africa!! She is such a beauty!! The first one is from the end of Oct and the second one is from Nov. Since my blog is public, I'm advised not to share full on pictures of her till she is home. I am dying to go smother her in hugs, kisses, and love.
Our boys are just growing so fast and just such a joy. It's so nice that they are playing more together so we don't have to be the ones entertaining at all times. They fight over toys a lot, but I guess that's part of it.
Paxton's personally has been coming through a lot more the past few months. He is my sweet, mama's boy, but boy is he stubborn!! If he doesn't want to eat or do something he will stay firm! Here is a picture of him turning his face away at avoiding eating dinner.
Paxton is such an easy kid except during mealtimes. Last night we put him in his room because he wouldn't stop crying at the table. After he cried in his room for 5 minutes, he came back and ate much better. He is getting pretty good at using a spoon. That was something else he was adamant about doing himself since he was a little over a year. If you are around him much you will probably notice he has food in his hair. For some reason he likes to grab and pull on his hair after eating with his grimy hands. Although I will say he likes to clean himself up with a napkin. His favorite thing to eat is macaroni and canned green beans. So proud! ;)
It cracks me up because Paxton shows restraint, and will savor eating things he enjoys. When we give him a vitamin, fruit snacks, or candy, he will just suck and lick on that thing for about 15-20 minutes. I feel bad for trying to hurry him because I feel like that is a good attribute to have, but man he ends up soo sticky!! Here are two pictures of him clutching wet, slobbery gummies.
| This cart got a major wipe down. |
Paxton basically enjoys doing whatever his brother is doing. He likes cars, trains, books, wrestling, playing swords (I wish I had a picture of his "mean" face that he mimics from M. So funny!), and puzzles. I think Paxton is going to be really good at puzzles also. He can do the individual shapes and animal puzzles by himself. He is also talking quite a bit. Some of his newer words are snow, star, lights, poopoo, diaper, blue, bath, cracker, hat, thank you (ank oo), and I'm sure I'm missing several. He will usually try to say almost anything we ask him to repeat. The crazy thing is he still calls Mason and Sammy both "eesz". He also loves to make animal noises. I always know when we have driven past some cows because there is a deep "MOO" that comes from behind me. We are in the midst of the "NO" phase, but he is still my sweet funny guy!
Now a little update on Mason. He is saying the funniest things. His new phrase is "oh my nuts!" I'm waiting for a call from his preschool teacher. He has combined my "oh my goodness" with Zac's "nuts!" Speaking of nuts, he shouted for me to come in the bathroom a month or two ago. I went in there and he said, mom I've got gumballs in my penis! I couldn't help but bust out laughing! He will often tell us he is disappointed if we don't let him do something he wants. Over thanksgiving he even said MeMa would be disappointed in me...I don't remember what he wanted, but apparently he knew MeMa would have given in! :)
He still loves to play swords (and often falls asleep holding one) and pretend to be the mean guy. He has always loved puzzles, and I am amazed at how good he is at them. We went to this festival a month ago. It was rainy and cold, but we got a Carmart 24 piece puzzle. I can't even tell you how many times he has put that thing together all by himself!
I've suggested a couple people get him some big boy puzzles for Christmas, but thankfully until then a friend loaned me a few of theirs. He was thrilled! He spent an HOUR putting this 34 piece puzzle together yesterday completely by himself! That is some serious patience!!
We spent 5 days with the Brays over Thanksgiving, and he had so much fun playing with Curryn. I'll post more pictures soon.
His interest in bows, nail polish, and all things girly really comes out when he's around Curryn or Avery. He was so "disappointed" that I wouldn't paint his after I painted his cousin Curryn's. Anyway so he told C he wanted to wear one of her bows. So she went and got him one, but he couldn't get it to clip in his hair. Great grandma Jackie told him that it won't stick because bows don't like boys (which I thought was pretty funny). Well he ran to the bathroom and came out wearing a bright green headband. He proudly stated that this one likes him. He wore that thing all the time until we left!
Mason is such a rule follower like his mama. Today during the big OU vs OSU game Zac was shouting and clapping. Several times Mason piped in "You need to be quiet, daddy. You will wake up my baby." He is real quick to tell us if we (or anyone else) is doing something we shouldn't. Another random funny. Zac asked him who pulls Santa's sleigh. His response - baby Jesus.
I know I'm biased, but Mason is good kid. The only main difficulties we have with him is bedtime. We have been blessed with two sweet natured boys, and a beautiful little girl that we long to meet!


No comments:
Post a Comment