If I had to guess I would say Patty's love language is gift giving because she goes all out on Christmas! It took several trips to the car for Zac to bring all the gifts inside. Notice the tree over flowing with gifts - we don't even have the gifts from us to the kids under there. We always tell her she doesn't have to get us so much, but she always does. But I've got to say not just the grand kids enjoy opening up all her great gifts! I got an awesome new fab outfit! Here is our Christmas morning with the Bray kids from yesterday. Nothing says Merry Christmas like children waking up before 7 and Ding Dong Merrily on High by Roger Whittaker.
We had a little accident over here yesterday late afternoon. Apparently my metal Christmas tree stocking holders are not kid friendly. When Curryn pulled at the stocking to reach for some candy the tip of the tree came crashing down on her face. It was a pretty bad gash, but it was nice to cuddle with her for quite awhile afterwards. I was the only lucky one she would let hold a cold rag over the gash. Of course I had to doctor it up with the essential oils I've been getting into.
| Using the old iphones to distract the kiddos |
After dinner we looked at some Christmas lights. I'm a little disappointed in the lack of crazy, over the top, Griswold style Christmas lights. I guess there aren't as many rednecks here as there are in Oklahoma.
| Here is a close up of the gash. |
Shockingly we were able to get a pretty good picture of all of us this morning before Church.
While we are talking about the Brays, I might as well post some pictures of us in OKC for Thanksgiving. We have pretty much been on the same schedule since we got married where we flip flop which families we spend the holidays with. This year was Thanksgiving with the Brays. It was nice because Zac had taken the whole week off this year so we were there 5 days. We were bummed because Grandpa (Zac's dad) and Nana weren't able to come in town. Thankfully they are moving back to OKC so we should start seeing them more often. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures - especially of the adults- but we did spend one evening with his dad's side of the family and one day with Patty's side of the family.
I had some good help with the pumpkin pie this year.
| A few moments to sit before all the family came over |
Now we have a couple days to recoup before we head to Bartlesville and Kansas to do Christmas with my family. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment