Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bit of encouragement

I got a wonderful bit of encouragement today from Teresa Perry. It was just what I needed to hear! It was from the article, "If I Had My Life to Live Over." It said, "Instead of wishing away 9 months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside of me was my only chance to assist God in a miracle."

I have had my fair share of needles this week. I got the flu shot and the H1N1 shot on Tuesday which was quite painless. Then when I had blood drawn yesterday for my blood tests, I ended up with a huge bruise...luckily it didn't hurt until later that evening. This was taken about 30 hours after I was pricked. Zac surprised me on Tuesday night with my first designer purse! He returned that night after being at home office for 10 days! It was a long 10 days alone...luckily my mom came a stayed with me over the weekend to take care of me and keep me company. Pregnancy has also made me a lot more weepy than normal so I think Zac felt quite bad about having to leave me sick and emotional for 10 days. So he stopped by Lake of the Ozarks outlet mall on his way home. It was a wonderful surprise, and he did such a good job picking it out!!

7 comments:

  1. Owwowowow. Nice Coach bag! :) Zac DID do a good job! I'm sorry you've had such a rough week, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Mandy! I'm so excited for you!! I hope the symptoms let up soon, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! That is so sweet! We have such good hubbies! I appreciated your encouraging reminder about cherishing every moment: It's hard to do when you're sick though. I think we'll cherish is more when we're not nauseated all the time. :) I am enjoying the knowledge that the baby is twirling around and doing flips this week - that makes me super happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry. Can't feel sorry for you :) Do like the bag though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better soon, Mandy!

    Did you get your shots at school? I'm having a hard time finding a place to get them.

    Your purse is gorgeous. Zac did good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did get the shots through the school district. Does the county health department have anymore? That's where my doctor is sending people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fine job Zac! hang in there Mandy!!

    ReplyDelete