I found out today (from my weekly emails) that the baby is about the size of a lime, and his/her reflexes are starting to develop. It is pretty exciting to think about! I'm getting a quite a bump as you can see to the left. It's weird because I lost a pound over the past month, but I've gained almost 2 inches around the waist. I'm guessing I've lost a lot of muscle since I haven't been able to work out the last several weeks. It could also be that I've eaten mostly carbs & dairy the past 6 wks.
I was hoping that now that I turned 12 weeks I would magically feel better. Unfortunately I was disappointed...I'm still quite miserable. In fact it's been worse this week than last week. It was so bad on Monday evening that I couldn't even make the much needed grocery list. Just the thought of food about almost made me lose my lunch. Poor Zac had to make the grocery list, go to walmart, and make dinner. Thanks honey! For some reason my nausea is always worse in the evening. I have now been nauseous everyday for 6 weeks, and it's getting quite depressing. Some days are a little better than others, but I always feel ill/funky. Normally I'm rarely ever sick, and if I am it's just for a day or two. So this 6 weeks straight is getting the best of me. I'm trying to stay positive and joyful, but I've not been too successful here lately.
One more random bit of info is that I have officially found 10 gray hairs! I'm blaming it on the hormones. Over the past couple weeks I've found tons of small 1-2 inch gray hairs! It can't possibly be that I'm getting old! :)
Congrats, Mandy! I felt sick like are describing for quite awhile- I think it was 18 weeks when it finally subsided. I didn't cook, look at cookbooks/recipes, or allow the kitchen to be used. And I love to cook! I ate chips and queso and smoothies mostly. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy every second! I loved being pregnant.
well, well, well! It's about time! just kidding. Congrats you two! We need to get together and go to Table Mesa to celebrate.
ReplyDeleteHey.... you feel sick in the evenings? Let's see.... Zac gets home from work in the evenings... you get sick... coincidence?? :)
ReplyDeleteSickness will be over in 8 days. Gotta be a boy since he's giving all that trouble! Lime Boy... hehehe
what fun! Thanks for the post. You look cute!
No throwing up 60 times a day, no hospital visits, no PICC line with IV fluids 24 hours a day!!? Sounds like you are having an awesome pregnancy so far!!
ReplyDeleteI do remember Kayla's pregnancy and while mine hasn't been that bad...Mandy I feel your pain! Just some encouragment...it does get better. I know people say that but I didn't belive anyone till I actually did feel better. I was scared because my mom was sick all 9 months with both my sister an I. I knew that was going to by my fate, but it wasn't! My everyday, all day sickness lasted a little over 4 months so I am CONFIDENT you will turn a corner soon! Keep your head up hang on because it goes by fast. Congrats to you both!
ReplyDelete