I bought my first maternity purchase over the weekend. I've had trouble buttoning my pants the past week or so and the rubber band wasn't working so well on my dress pants. So I bought the Bella Band. It's not nearly as uncomfortable as I thought it would be. I have it folded over so the ends (which are tighter) are way below my stomach...I don't like any pressure on my stomach. I'm excited to feel better so I can do some real maternity shopping. I think this is God's way of making me take it easy because if I wasn't so nauseous everyday I would be running, planning, organizing, shopping, etc.
Since I'm still nauseous and I've tried all the home remedies and prescription meds, I went to Walgreens today to purchase the sea bands. I've had several people tell me about them, and I've read about them in a couple books (pressure points). As you can see below they look like sweat bands which will look real nice with my work clothes. I'm so desperate at this point I don't even care. I'm anxious to see how they work. I figured if I still feel ill tomorrow, I'm going to call the doctor to see if I can try a different prescription. 
Zac has a few things he would like to blog about...so I'm nervously handing over the computer to him hoping he doesn't say anything about how hormones have taken his wife to some far away land! ;)
-Z-
I was told that my baby is the size of a Peach. This is a game changer. Before, Horatio Sanz, (what I am calling him/her for now) has been compared to the likes of a kumquat, a pinto bean and last week a it was compared to a lime. All of these I have no frame of reference for... Don't get me wrong, I have seen a lime, but more often then not it is in the sliced form. A peach on the other hand is something that I am familiar with. I can imagine a peach with little arms weird little tiny body and not only that but a peach is BIG. I think "Peaches" was the name of the team in "A League of Their Own".
People have been asking me how I am feeling? I think I am going to start pleading the 5th. It seems like no matter what I say "Jazzed" or "Freaked" or whatever exclamation I come up with at the moment, the response that inevitable follows is: "You have not seen anything yet". What the heck is that supposed to mean? I think I might just start saying ridiculous things and see what happens.
Nice person: "How do you feel Zac?"
Zac: "I hate it when she threatens me with the tire iron... Did that happen to you???"
Honestly though, my response is unchanged, I am jazzed about a little baby growing, but I've not quite got the permanancy thing implanted yet, but I am sure that will sink in, in few years...
I know, I know... "I've not seen anything yet"
Oh, you guys are so funny! Our little one was compared to a spaghetti squash a few weeks ago. What's with all the produce? As long as they never compare the baby to a watermelon, I'll be happy.
ReplyDeleteHoratio and peach just don't go together... gotta get him/her bigger or select another veggie or fruit ... and why veggies and fruits?! why not, marble, golf ball, tennis ball, softball, volley ball, dodge ball, exercise ball... (woops, got carried away...)
ReplyDeleteAt any rate, glad you're jazzed, etc. Also glad you've mastered (so far) the whole 'dodge the tire iron' thing...
GPa
First of all, Mandy: Your belly is so tiny still! I think mine might be twice as round as yours. I definitely got the maternity shopping off to a running start this weekend, and am officially out of my normal pants, and skirts. Eek!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'm sorry to hear you are so sick still! I have been less nauseated, but ironically throwing up more than ever. The jury is still out on whether this is a fair trade. I'm still on my prescription, just got Preggie Pops, and will try the sea bands next. Let me know how well they work.
On another note, Zac, you are hilarious. Thanks for sharing your perspective on the pregnancy. I keep wishing you and Beau were good friends so you could be talking with each other through this whole journey: It would be just as helpful as it is for Mandy and I to have each other.
Love you guys! Give Sammie a big hug for me.