Sunday, February 14, 2010

Time Flies!

I can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks since my last post! Boy does time fly. About a month ago we had a great sermon on finding joy in suffering when I noticed a middle aged widow getting teary eyed. It reminded me of the verse in the Bible that commands us to look after our widows. With Valentines Day being so close, I thought what a great time to reach out to the widows in our congregation. So several young ladies from church got together (it turns out we have over 60 widows/ers), but I'm so glad we did it! We all had fun, and I'd like to think we brightened the day of many people. I didn't get many pictures taken of the making cookies and cards since I was running around, but here is a picture of most of the children that participatedI started reading a hilarious book called, The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy, that was given to me by someone at work. It has been great because it makes me laugh every night. Last night I was reading the chapter, Pregnancy Insanity, when I read the following that so applied to the argument Zac and I had gotten in to earlier that day. "Immediate gratification is the goal of most pregnant women...Certain sensations take on a ferocity when you are pregnant that they never had in your nonpregnant state. And God help the person that stands between you and your satisfaction." Yesterday the "satisfaction" was getting at least one of the three things painted that is on my to do list. After a leisurely morning, I asked Zac to paint something after lunch. The first was the fire hydrant which he determined that we needed to wait on because we needed a wire brush to wipe it down with first. So then I mentioned to paint the lamp instead. He started to, but the paint got all screwed up leaving him frustrated. So he said he was done with projects. I said well let's spray paint the bed then because I wanted to be able to cross something off the to do list. I knew I'd be out of town the next couple of weekends, and I'd been sick all week so I was determined something was going to get done. It didn't help that Zac had stayed up till after 2am playing poker with some guys from church...however, the pregnant woman won out...thank you sweety! :)
Later that night after Zac took a nap :) we had a wonderful evening out. We went out to eat, walked around the mall, and then went to the movie. A couple months ago we got a new maroon rocking recliner. I really wanted a comfy chair in the living room to rock the baby in. Well the curtains in the living room were maroon also which just didn't work...you can't have a maroon chair sitting in front of a different shade of maroon curtains (luckily they were old cheap curtains so I didn't feel bad about replacing them). So while we were out we got some new curtains for our living room. I have decided that buying curtains is one of the hardest things to pick out. The choosing and hanging was such an ordeal that I didn't even bother with trying to iron them. Hopefully the creases will eventually fall.

Mason is still moving around tons. In fact, he made such a sharp jab or turn at work last week that I literally jumped. It won't be long till he starts going after my ribs.

2 comments:

  1. Why did you paint the bed? White matched just as well as black?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like something was getting painted that day... probably didn't really matter what! LOL! Mandy you're cracking me up! Love the curtains!

    ReplyDelete