Saturday, November 19, 2011

We're alive!

So it's been a LONG time since I've posted last! Since I've been pregnant I've had an aversion to my laptop...yes it's weird I know. I've probably turned it on less than 10 times in the past 2 months. I think it's because I was scared to see anything remotely related to food. Luckily I am able to scan email and facebook on my iphone pretty regularly, but that's about the extent of my internet usage the past 2 months. I have lots of blogging to catch up on.

I am still nauseous, but I am getting so much better. I was hoping that I wouldn't be sick this go around, but I've actually been even more sick. I tried not to feel sorry for myself when I've been blessed with a baby especially when so many people are dealing with horrible things, but I still found myself really depressed. After a few bad weeks I decided to spend some time reading the Bible and praying during Mason's nap instead of watching TV, and my spirits were definitely lifted! I still have bad points everyday and I still can't handle dealing with food, but at least there are now times in the day that I don't feel too bad. So on to pictures....

About 2 months ago Patty, Stephanie, and Curryn (Zac's mom, sister, and her baby) came to visit us. It was fun to watch Mason and Curryn play. There is a funny video of them at the end of the blog. Mason has discovered he can carry more objects if he tucked them under his neck.


The stomach bug visited our place which was not pleasant, but Mason sure was cute and cuddly .

I've been to crash at my parents' place a couple times the past month or two. It gives Zac a break from cooking for us, and it gives me some help entertaining my little man. He is missing the regular outings we used to take before I got sick. Below is a picture of the treehouse/fort the guys have been working on at my parents' a lot this past yea,r. I think all that's left is the observation deck up top.






It took Mason awhile to figure out the whole trick-or-treating, but it didn't take him long to figure out that candy is awesome! He wanted to eat everything given to him immediately. Below he is with one of his best buddies from church at our trunk-or-treat. They are both enjoying a sucker.

We only took him to a few houses just down our street because the last thing we need is a bunch of candy in this house especially with Zac around! :)


We decided to get Mason a little potty because he has been telling us when he "poo-poo". He likes to sit on it, and I've even got him to pee in it twice - I put him on the pot as soon as he got up and gave him a drink while he was sitting on it - I suppose that's cheating, but we made a big deal about it. Unfortunately I haven't been consistent with it since I haven't felt well. If he seems interested I might really give it a try come January. He looks so big on the potty!


My sweet, handsome little man is starting to get more mischievous.


The video shows Mason upset with Curryn because she keeps taking his bear. He's a little bit wimpy in his attempts to cover it, but I like to think that it's because he doesn't want to hurt her. :)


2 comments:

  1. Oh girl, you're going to have another baby soon, I'd give up the potty training for now. Cooper is almost 4 and is still not
    Completely trained, maybe you'll have better luck then me!

    ReplyDelete