Thursday, December 10, 2009

Catching Up

I've got a lot of catching up to do from the past couple weeks so this will be a bit longer of a blog. For the week of Thanksgiving, Zac and I went to OKC and had a great week! It was so nice to spend 5 straight days in one place instead of hopping all over Oklahoma. Tuesday I ate lunch with Avery while Zac worked out of the OKC branch for the day. Those kindergartners are so cute and love adult attention! I had to fight off 3 other kids who tried to sit by me before Avery got there. I felt like the big bully saying "seat's taken."


That evening went to see the 3D IMAX showing of "Christmas Carol" with Zac's family and my sisters. It was a fun show to watch, but definitely not a kids movie. Zane and Avery were not impressed and spent much of the time covering their eyes. Here are a couple pictures from the theatre. The first one is everyone that went besides Britt & Zac.


For our Thanksgiving meal we were at Patty's house with her side of the family. There was a lot of family there that we hadn't seen in awhile, and we had a lot of fun catching up. Unfortunately we didn't really take any pictures of the event. I was excited to see how cute Sammy's turkey shirt turned out that Kayla made. I think the other dogs were jealous! ;)

Later that afternoon we went to hang out with his dad's side of the family. We had fun playing games and visiting...again we only took like one picture and very few people are in it.
Since we're doing Christmas this year with my family, Patty and Stephanie came to our house this weekend to do our own Christmas thing as well as celebrate Zac's 30th birthday. We were so happy they came to visit us! We love to have company and very few venture our way. While they were here we went to Silver Dollar City to see the millions of Christmas lights and eat all day long!
We got lots of great gifts during our gift exchange. Sammy LOVED my snoogle (pregnancy pillow). He was passed out on it minutes after I opened it.
-Z-
This week it seems everywhere I looked there was something reminding me that I was bout to turn the dirty thirty. A song on the radio called "my next 30 years", a 'very special episode' of friends where they are all talking about being 30, and even my beloved ESPN is running a '30 for 30' series. Surprisingly, I feel pretty good about the dirty thirty it is just a number and every day is the best day of my life. I was thinking about all the adventures I have had so far, and I am pretty sure it won't compare to being a dad. On a side note, every year I forget to make a wish before I blow out my candles, this year was no exception, remembered about the time the last candle went out.

No comments:

Post a Comment