I'm a little behind on the blog. I'll do Thanksgiving break in a couple days because I want to post my 16 week check up from this past Wednesday. This week the baby is about the size of an avacado.
Overall everything was good. The doctor said that the top of my uterus is about one or two fingers below my belly-button which is crazy to think about! I will say I got one piece of bad news...I contemplated not even putting it on here. When I got on the scale it showed that I've gained 8 pounds in 4 1/2 weeks!! I know I shouldn't be shocked because I'm still not well enough to do much exercise, and I have to eat every 2 hours to keep from getting sick...but come on 8 lbs?! Anyway, the doctor reassured me that he's not concerned about my spike in weight gain. He said that it's not uncommon to have a sudden increase one month, and that most likely my weight gain will be a lot more slow and steady the next couple months. Later that night I was eating my 8:00 snack of popcorn, and I was complaining to Zac that the light popcorn didn't have near enough butter on it. He made a smart-alleck comment about gaining 8 lbs. I died laughing because I knew he was kidding...he has never made a comment about my weight and if he would have been serious I would have killed him. Unfortunately I can't remember the comment...I know very anti-climatic. The past couple weeks I've been a lot more scattered and forgetful (common pregnancy thing). I keep asking Zac the same questions over and over because I truly forget that I already asked him...he loves it when I do this! :)
Below is the video of the heartbeat. We will find out the sex of the baby Dec. 30th, and we can't wait!
How exciting! I stressed about my weight gain at different points in my pregnancy--my advice is to NOT WORRY! Even when I ate normally, my body just clung to the weight! I gained almost 40 lbs (and had a 5 lb. 6 oz baby), but 3 months after she was born it was all gone, and I didn't even exercise--just nursing and being too busy to eat.
ReplyDeleteWow that's impressive and good to know! I hope to nurse at least 6 months. Do you have a blog?
ReplyDelete