Although it was a dreary, rainy day outside, it was one of the best days of my life! The doctor said that either he's going to be a big baby or my due date is a week earlier. I'm pretty positive that my due date is correct so I'm guessing he's going to be a big fella like his daddy. I am 20 weeks today, and his weight is 14 ounces (the avg is 10). I won't mention how much I gained this month....not as much as last time, but it was still a lot. I can't even blame it on holiday sweets because the thought of them just makes me sick. Over the past two weeks, I've only had one small piece of pumpkin pie and a small piece of peppermint bark. Anyway, we are thrilled to be having a little boy (especially Zac)! God is good!
"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love." Galations 5:6b
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Big News!
Today was the big day! In fact I'm skipping Church to work on the blog. We got to see our little baby!! I was so excited, but I couldn't have imagined how amazing this experience would be. As I mentioned on Facebook, I started feeling the baby move 12 days ago, and the past week the baby has REALLY been moving especially when I lay down (in fact he's moving right now). The coolest thing I have ever experienced was seeing the baby move the same time I could feel it, and boy was he a mover!! It just had me in tears the whole time! I don't think he remained still for more than a few seconds during the ultrasound... he even flipped over a couple times the 30 minutes we were in there. The tech had a hard time getting pictures because he was moving all over the place. Here are some of the pictures...well pictures of the pictures. A little ghetto, but you get the idea. It was the fastest 30 minutes of my life.
As you can see, she had no doubt he was a boy!
His cute little feet!
He has one hand behind his head and the other by his face. Such a cutie! :)

One pleasant surprise was they created a DVD of the ultra sound. Here is part of the video...it's a recording of the video playing on my lappy so it's not that great a quality. But you get the picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wish I would have gotten a DVD of it.....
ReplyDeleteWe are happy for you both!
ReplyDeleteGrandma & Grandpa Bean
We are happy for you both!
ReplyDeleteGrandma & Grandpa Bean
Mandy, I'm so excited that you are having a little boy! Pregnancy and birth are both such amazing experiences, besides being sick and food revulsion. Just wait until he hiccups and you can feel it. It looked like he was in the video. Can't wait to meet the little guy!
ReplyDelete