Sunday, December 20, 2009

My furry friend

While Zac was out getting groceries on Saturday, I decided to wash the dog. It is a humorous cycle that always makes me laugh so I figured I'd share. It starts with me turning on the kitchen faucet and getting a Sammy towel out of the laundry room. Knowing that it is now bath time, Sammy runs out of the kitchen or living room and hides under our bed. (Yes, that is torn up tissue under the bed...he's been a little mischievous lately) He always gives me a cute, pathetic look that makes me laugh, but I grab him anyway...which is getting more difficult now with my stomach getting larger. He does good once I start washing him in the sink (I didn't get a picture of that since I was by myself). Next, I blow dry his hair which may seem over the top, but if I don't he will dry his fur by rubbing his body and face all over our carpet till the carpet's wet and he is dry. As you can see below. He still does it some after I blow dry him, but only for a bit. Lastly, he runs like a crazy dog into the laundry room demanding his reward for such a torturous experience. Of course he can't eat the treat right away. He has to carry it around the house looking for a place to hide it, but after 5 minutes he still hasn't found the proper place to hide it so he decides to go ahead and eat it. And that is what happens every time Sammy gets a bath. He is my adorable, predictable dog whom I love!







3 comments:

  1. Aww I love the Sammy blog. He is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog! YEA!! I've been sick a ton more this time then I ever was with Cooper, so I totally feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he looks sooo cute! We miss seeing him. I showed Grace and she just "ohhhhhed" and "awwwwwed". PS. The house next door to us is up for sale, come take a look!

    ReplyDelete