Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mason's Room

This weekend I was busy starting working on the Mason's room. I uploaded a picture so you can get a general idea, but I've got quite a ways to go to get it looking the way I want it. Kayla gave me Zane's old baby bedding...it was nice to not have to spend money on that. I surprising had a hard time finding curtains and bed skirts to match it so I just decided to make some. I still need to finish the bed skirts, recover the rocking chair, paint the fold out bed, and figure out what we are going to put on the walls. But at least it is slowly starting to look a little more put together.

Pregnancy update:
I'm feeling so much better! I am officially off the nausea meds! The first few days were a little shaky, but for the most part I'm not nauseous anymore...hallelujah!! Which is a good thing because I've got a lot of projects that I am in the middle of that I need to get finished in the next few months. I do have a pinched nerve in the middle of my back (right where my bra pushes) that has been driving me crazy especially the last 2 weeks. If you're around me much you'll probably notice me pushing on my upper stomach at the base of my right ribs. Somehow the nerve is connected with the one in my back so I push on it to try and numb the pain. I finally
went to a chiro for the first time last week because it was hurting really bad nonstop. I've always been skeptical of chiro's, but I was desperate. I am determined to enjoy some of my pregnancy. It did feel a little better so hopefully after a couple more visits I'll be good to go. I am thankful that I've not had any trouble with heartburn, sinuses, lower back pain, etc (knock on wood) that other women experience. I am starting to notice that my belly is getting huge. I am having a harder time squeezing through the garage to get in my car, shaving, bending over, and getting up if I've been sitting on the floor. Mason is still moving tons, and we have fun watching him poking around on my stomach. He's getting big enough that I can see my belly twitch when he's moving which is so cool! I can't wait till he's big enough to where I can see even more controlled movements. I always thought it looked like an alien was trying to escape out of Kayla's belly when she was pregnant with Zane and Avery. I was surprised that we agreed on a name so soon. I avoided the whole name conversation for quite awhile because it was just too overwhelming. Once we found out the baby was a boy and we started talking about it, it didn't take long to decide on Mason Zachary Bray.




5 comments:

  1. Mason's room is looking great! The fact that you've done the whole thing for such little money blows my mind.

    Our poor kiddo doesn't have a name yet or a bedroom even. Eeeek! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for picking a name! I love it :) And I'm experiencing ALL of the other symptoms you mentioned that you're not...the sinuses, lower back pain, heartburn, etc. I know it's ALL worth it, but man this pregnancy thing can be a bit tough at times, huh? :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room is really coming together- I love all that you have done!! I absolutely love the name Mason Bray, he can be nothing but adorable with that name! Err...I mean manly, Zac.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the room Mandy! You know what I was randomly thinking while driving the other day? Mason Zachary Bray=MZB Zachary Max Bray=ZMB If you have a little girl you need to swap letters for your name too! Your embroidered towels would be so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy you are talented I would just buy everything, but I think making some of the stuff in the room adds a nice personal touch. I can't believe you guys came up with a name, which I LOVE the name Mason, super cute. Haha I know that will be a battle to the death for Jay and I.

    ReplyDelete