Monday, January 25, 2010

Got Chicken?

Today we had a doctor's appointment. I have started looking forward to these more since I saw Mason for the first time. Putting a name with a face (if you will) has made his arrival more of a reality. I heard Mason again today, and I can't help but smile when I hear his heart beating so strongly. I am proud of my big boy and his strong heart beat already. The doctor ALWAYS says its the strongest heart beat he has heard today, and I let myself believe him every time. (of course in the back of my mind I am thinking "he says that to all the girls"). -Zac

Here's a ridiculous picture of me, shocked at how big I'm getting and I still have 3 months to go! I'm going to be enormous!! Zac and I talked this past weekend about how crazy it is that Mason is already a living, breathing (well he's breathing my fluid) little person. He can taste what I eat, hear what we say, and push me back if I push on him. At church Harry read a verse (I can't remember where it is) that mentions how when we die our body returns to the earth and our souls return to heaven. His point was that if they are returning to heaven then they had to have already been there. It's crazy to think that Mason's soul has recently come down from heaven. Zac also mentioned how John the Baptist leaped in the womb when Mary greeted Elizabeth with Jesus in her belly. How could that be unless his spirit was already in his body. Anyway it is just amazing to think that there is a real, live baby growing inside of me...it's taken awhile for that to really sink in.

I'm slowly starting to crave food again. Not really any one thing, but tonight I saw someone eating a fried chicken leg on TV (1 1/2 hours after dinner) and I just had to have one! Zac was so sweet and went to KFC to get me a chicken leg. I definitely won't be making a habit of that, but oh it was so good tonight. A few more random food things...I am able to eat salad and veggies again which is good since Mason can now taste what I'm eating. I would feel bad if he didn't like veggies when he gets older bc I never ate them while I was pregnant. Also, I am way past the cinnamon phase. In fact can't stand to chew cinnamon gum anymore. I'm more into the fruity gum.

Over the weekend I worked on Mason's room some more. I finished sewing the bed skirts for the crib and bed. Sammy loves to monitor my progress anytime I am sewing as you can see in the picture below. Such a helpful little dog! ;)

4 comments:

  1. That picture is awesome...and so is your growing belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a revelation this evening! Zachary always had such a weak stomach when we were growing up. Perhaps, that explains your inability to imbibe food the first few months. Hmmm... So happy to hear that everything is going so well! Can't wait to see my little nephew! I'll have plenty of time off in the summer to babysit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that cute belly! :) I love it!! And I'm sorry I missed your call yesterday--this week has been super busy! I'll try to call you soon...we need to catch up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie - you are definitely welcome to come stay with us as much as you want this summer! I didn't realize Zac had a weak stomach as a kid...that is interesting.

    ReplyDelete