Monday, March 22, 2010

Babymoon

Zac and I spent a wonderful, relaxing weekend in Eureka Springs. It's crazy to think we've lived here for almost 5 years, and we've never been. We had planned to go to OK this weekend, but then Zac had the great idea to take a weekend get-away because most the weekends from now till Mason's birth are pretty busy. It turned out to be just what we needed! An escape from our everyday routines to just enjoy one another...I didn't even think about my list one time! We stayed at an amazing bed-and-breakfast! We had a two person jacuzzi tub (we were careful not to make the water too hot for little Mason), fireplace (which ended up getting quite a bit of use once that cold front came in), the softest sheets and towels, Andies mints on the night stand, and awesome food! It's also the only place I've been where they stock your fridge with 2 bottles of water for you to drink everyday with no additional charge! One of the best things is they deliver homemade breakfast right to your room, and it always includes a hot breakfast casserole of some sort, a pastry, and a bowl of fruit. Then they also bring homemade desserts to your room every afternoon. Needless to say we were quite spoiled and loving it!


We got to Eureka late Friday afternoon. The weather was gorgeous so we enjoyed eating outside at a cafe downtown and walking around.



That night we went to see the haunted Crescent Hotel that was built in the late 1800s and is still used as a hotel. They do ghost tours, but we opted out of that.

Below is a view of the hotel from far away. We had hoped to go back during the day on Sunday to get some pictures outside, but the roads ended up getting pretty slick so we'll have to do that next time.

Saturday we didn't do a whole lot which was great! We had a leisurely morning, lunch at a bakery, a look at the big Jesus, and a drive around to look at all the remodeled historic homes.


"I once caught a fish this big..."Oh come on you were thinking it!!!(Zac)

The only plans we actually had for the entire weekend was a 2 hour couples spa treatment Saturday afternoon. I found a lady online that had a business inside her home which made it a lot more affordable than the typical spa, but it felt just as good! It included a steam, shower scrub, mini-facial, and a 30 minute massage. Since I was pregnant they ended up doing an hour massage and a 30 minute facial instead of the steam and scrub. We both left feeling completely relaxed! Saturday night during dinner is when it started snowing. It was hard to believe that the night before we were eating dinner outside!

Here's the gazebo outside our cabin Sunday morning.
We've decided that even after Mason is born we are going to continue getting away at least once every year. While it won't be as exotic or as long as our trips have been previously, we still think it is so important to get away even if it's just for one night to continually foster and strengthen our marriage where we're not distracted with all the things that need to be done at work and around the house. It's our mission to not continually put our children before God and our marriage because we think a strong, loving marriage is the foundation to a strong family.

5 comments:

  1. Fun! We haven't been to Eureka Springs yet, but now I'm sure we'll have to go! Great idea to have one last getaway before baby Mason gets here. :)

    Matt and I try to have 2 nights a year without kids. It's hard to do (especially the first time you leave that baby!) but we always feel relaxed and reconnected afterwards. I always return to my kids ready with my "patience cup" refilled! Ha! I also think it's a great way to let grandparents have some fun one-on-one time with the kids, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you guys had! Lee and I need to make sure we make time for our marriage, too. You are a good example for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful description of your weekend! Love the pictures! You guys ARE a great example! Well put Cami!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful weekend. I'd love to get away right now, but I'm so physically uncomfortable I just wouldn't be able to enjoy it as much as I'd like to. I'm glad you're still getting along well enough to enjoy some adventures before Mason's arrival! We definitely plan on making time for get-aways on a regular basis as well. So many of Tyce's grandparents already want to keep him so it will give us a lot of time for time away. :) You look fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete