Saturday, May 8, 2010

Celebrate good times!!

I'm officially on maternity leave! It feels great to know that I won't be working for the next 3 months! Well, I'll work a few days this summer to analyze data and plan with the leadership team for next year, but I like that part. It has been a struggle for me to decide whether or not to go back to work next year. I've always said I wanted to be a stay at home mom, but then I got offered a once in a lifetime job with work two years ago. So I feel like I can't leave because it will be hard to get it back again and I'm just getting to the point where I've finally figured out how to do my job. Anyway, all that to say I've decided to work one more year, and then I will quit to stay home with Mason next year. Plus Zac said if I work one more year to put back a lot of money in savings and Mason's college fund, we can take a nice vacation next summer. He sure knows what to say to convince this lady! I don't need new clothes, car, or a house...but a vaca is my weak spot! :) We're thinking Macchu Picchu in South America.Here are some pictures from my work shower that was a little over a week ago. They did such a cute job decorating!Below are my hostesses Paula, Dawndy, and Cindy. This is actually the day after the shower because I forgot to get the picture during the shower. When I was teaching 6th grade math/science I worked very closely with Paula and Cindy. Dawndy is the literacy coach so we share a room/office and obviously spend a lot of time together.
When I got home and started taking all the presents out of the bags and getting things ready to be washed, Sammy was just sniffing everything. I don't think he knows what to think about all this.
I also got a lot of diapers which is going to be really nice to not buy diapers for the first couple of months...I've gotten around 400 so far.
I should be getting my cd of maternity pics tomorrow so I will try and post them either tomorrow or Monday. Plus I'll give the update on my progress...we're just ready and waiting at this point.

1 comment:

  1. Just squeeze it out already. The best weekend for us to do safari is the 29th...so hurry!

    ReplyDelete